Welcome to the Summer Session 1 2017 Semester!
Summer 1 session begins Monday, May 22, 2017 which is the first day you will be able to access your online, hybrid/blended, web-enhanced course.
Meeting Types: Web-Enhanced course is a traditional course offered face-to-face with using Moodle or some type of learning management system or web presence to enhance the course. Hybrid-Blended course is half face-to-face and the other half with using Moodle or some type of learning management system or web presence to enhance the course. Online course is offered fully online using Moodle or some type of learning management system or web presence to enhance the course. You will need to contact your instructor if they are using a different LMS besides Moodle.
You are expected to log into https://moodle.navajotech.edu/ or the required Learning Management System (LMS) used by your professor. Please check your skyhawk email for your specific course instructions from your online professor. Please read the following information carefully and refer to the attached document for essential information about entering and preparing for your online course in Moodle.
How to log in to Moodle
Click on the "Login" link at the top bar
Use your NTU ID and Password
You should now be logged in. If you got a login error, please double-check our password and NTU ID. If you cannot log in to Moodle, please click on Forgotten your username or password to reset your password. Your courses are located under "My Courses" in the main page, you may need to scroll down if you do not see your course. You will not see any listings if you are not enrolled in any courses.
In Moodle, your course can be found under “My Course”.
How to Find your
Your courses are located under "My Courses". You should see semesters listed. Click the down arrow next to the current semester to see the courses for that semester. You will normally be enrolled in a Moodle course site the day after you officially register for a course.
I wish you well with your studies this semester. Should you need additional assistance, please contact me.
PREPARATION FOR SUMMER 1 ONLINE COURSES
Information about online courses is available at http://www.navajotech.edu/campus-life/e-learningand http://www.navajotech.edu/campus-life/e-learning/student-resources. To see a detailed course description and any additional instructions provided by your instructor, select Summer 1 2017 courses.
Once you are in the course listings for Summer 1 semester, click on the course title.
Before your course begins:
1. Obtain your textbooks, most are available at the NTU Bookstore or through other online book sellers such as amazon.
2. Check your computer requirements.
a. Go to https://moodle.navajotech.edu/and log in with your NTU Skyhawk Email.
b. Contact Technical Support if you have questions at NTU HelpDesk at http://184.108.40.206:82/.
3. Help with common problems can be found at: http://www.navajotech.edu/campus-life/e-learning/student-resources.
4. Instructions to add a photo to your course profile can be found at: http://www.navajotech.edu/campus-life/e-learning/student-resources#yourProfile.
5. New to online learning? NTU Online Student Policies and Procedures can be found at:http://www.navajotech.edu/campus-life/e-learning/student-resources.
6. You must have dedicated access to a computer that connects to the Internet loaded with Internet Explorer, Access 2013.
Attend the first day of class:
1. Go to: https://moodle.navajotech.edu/, log on to Moodle using your Skyhawk ID and Password, and begin working.
2. Online courses follow the NTU academic calendar. It is important to begin working within your course on the first day of instruction.
3. Additional information about Moodle can be found at: http://www.navajotech.edu/campus-life/e-learning/student-resources.
1. For Course Support: see your Moodle course for contact information.
2. For additional Technical Support call (505) 786-4208 Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. For online technical support go to http://www.navajotech.edu/campus-life/information-technology.